Friday 4 November 2011

Baking for Today by Betty Crocker Review

Baking has become one of my favorite hobbies because of the delicious baked goods that I can make. Even before I got started baking, I have already been experimenting with the oven toaster by making a small batch of cookies. When I bought an oven, that's when I had the chance to try out different recipes that I have dreamed of making.When I first started baking, I also started buying cookbooks so that I can learn new recipes. A lot of recipe from cookbooks aren't that easy to follow. They often use some cooking term that I'm not familiar with or I'm not familiar with the ingredients listed.Luckily, Baking for Today by Betty Crocker is not like that. The recipes featured in this hardbound cookbook are very easy to follow using simple cooking terms. Ingredients were also easy to acquire and most of them are basic baking ingredients that you probably have at home. This is why it became my favorite baking cookbook.The book is divided into 8 chapters and each of them has their own theme. You will find recipes for breads, biscuits, cookies, cakes, pies and desserts. There's one for everybody and there are even recipes where your kids can join in which results to family bonding time.Pictures of the finished baked product are available for some recipes which is a good way to see how the baked food will look like.Aside from the recipes, the book also features several pages of tips and other information that will help you with baking. One of the tip that I got is brushing your bread with milk will give it a soft and tender crust.Each recipe is laid out very well in an organized manner. You don't have to guess how much time you need for each recipe; the book indicates the total time to dedicate for each recipe clearly. Ingredients are indicated at the left of the page and then the steps are in numbered form. At the bottom of each recipe is a tip that you probably didn't know. Nutrition facts can be found on the bottom left of the page.With a total of 255 pages, you won't run out of recipes to use for baking. My family absolutely loves the baked goodies that I make following the recipes from this cookbook. Even my co-workers and friends loved them.I highly recommend Baking for Today to all baking enthusiasts out there. If you are a beginner then this cookbook is a must for you. Seasoned bakers will also get some good things out of this book.